rFactor 2

Published on December 18th, 2011 | by Alisdair


rFactor 2- Possible Beta Date Information

During the past month, Image Space Incorporate has been releasing alot of information surrounding rFactor 2 such as the pricing and information on the upcoming beta phase of the game.

Not much information was released about the beta phase apart from the content that may be included, so many people have been asking when will the Beta happen, will it be in 2011 or will we have to wait until 2012. Well Tim Wheatly has shared some information on the rFactor 2 forums about the chances of the beta coming soon.

I believe we will be at release candidate (RC of open beta) stage at the point where I hoped we would be at the actual release of the open beta stage. Gjon has said that he doesn’t want to put the staff and testers through having to manage a release over the holiday period, so it is getting likely to be shortly after the holidays rather than shortly before. Although the reason why there’s no news is because there isn’t absolute certainty yet. To quote Gjon, there’s a 49% chance of releasing before the holidays, 51% shortly after.

We have a new video in production titled ‘physics’ (being made by the same person who made the Monaco promo). I’ll post that as soon as I can. Right now my licensing work is taking up a bit more time that I would like, so I am often only visiting here when a post gets reported at the moment.

Hopefully we will see more solid information surrounding rFactor 2 beta stage in the coming weeks.

About the Author

Alisdair is the founder of Sim News Daily. An all round sim racing fan with a real passion for cars a motor racing. Twitter: @SimNewsDailycom

Back to Top ↑
  • HashFlare