Published on September 16th, 2012 | by Alisdair0
rFactor 2 – Formula Two Car Released
Image Space Incorporated have released the highly anticipated Formula Two car for their currently in development title rFactor 2.
Over the past few weeks ISI has been teasing using with various photos and videos showing off not only the car in action but professional drivers and engineers working with ISI to match the physics to real life. Now those participating in the open beta available to everyone can get their hands on the Formula Two car.
– This mod is standalone. It doesn’t require other rfmod packages to be installed.
– This mod comes with a new version of Palm Beach.
– There are 20 AI drivers from F2. Run with 19-20 AI for a full field.
– Markus Pommer (F2 driver) is not simulated in the F2 series itself due to his sponsor. We will replace the sponsor, and add him, in a later update.
– AI are using statistics and results from the first 12 rounds. Any drivers who participate or get better/worse after round 12, will be added/edited in a later tweak.
– Players may want to run an unaccelerated/unskipped qualifying session (30mins, unlimited/30 laps) at the moment. By allowing the AI to set times, the race will run more realistic (less slow drivers causing bunching) as the grid will be more ordered.
– Overboost is disabled until proper rules are implemented.
– In-car adjustable front wing not yet implemented.
– Some users may experience white LED shift lights.
– Some users who use filtering in their FFB, may want to use more for this car. Or see this. Later tire tweaks may take away the need to do this.
– We believe wet tyres are too slippery in heavy wet conditions and are waiting on more data.
– There is a reported issue of FFB feeling low or reversed at slow speed. Devs looking into it, but please note it isn’t necessarily unrealistic.