Published on June 13th, 2012 | by Alisdair0
Project CARS – Classic Lotus Race Cars Partnership Announced
Slightly Mad Studios has officially announced that their WMD powered Project CARS will feature no less than ten of the iconic Lotus race cars brought to you through their new partnership with the Class Team Lotus company.
The vehicles that will be added to Project CARS over the course of its development range from Formula One title-winning cars to prestigious Indy 500 cars.
The selection includes cars that won multiple Formula One constructors’ and drivers’ championships as well as the prestigious Indy 500. The chosen cars also highlight Lotus’ striving towards innovation as some of the models introduced groundbreaking new technologies such as monocoques, ground effect aerodynamics and turbine engines.
- 1962 Lotus 25 (Formula One car)
- 1965 Lotus 40 (open-top sports car)
- 1965 Lotus 38 (Indy 500 winner)
- 1967 Lotus 49 & 1970 Lotus 49C (Formula One car)
- 1967 Lotus 51 (Formula Ford car)
- 1968 Lotus 56 (Indy Car)
- 1970 Lotus 72 (Formula One car)
- 1977 Lotus 78 (Formula One car)
- 1986 Lotus 98T (Formula One car)
Image Courtesy of WMD Portal