Published on October 12th, 2017 | by Ben0
Project CARS 2 – Version 1.2 Rolling Out
Although having just completed a behemoth of a development, which was of course Project CARS 2, Slightly Mad Studios is already back with the first patches. The latest one, version 18.104.22.168, basically improves everything.
Well, not quite everything, but definitely a lot. Changes and improvements range from AI, over audio, replay, career and handling right up to steering wheel and peripheral support.
The update is already available on PC and PlayStation 4 and will follow on Xbox One very soon.
Here is the full changelog:
Project CARS 2 – Patch 22.214.171.124
- Improved driving line assist.
- Various AI behavioural and race line improvements.
- Multiple improvements and enhancements to multiplayer, and lobby handling.
- Improvements and enhancements to audio and sound effects.
- Improvements and enhancements to replays and replay cameras.
- USB keyboard support improved.
- Improvements, enhancements and fixes to Career flow.
- Enhancements to various cars’ handling and standard setup improvements.
- Tweaks and fixes to Achievement / Trophy unlock logic.
- Tweaks and fixes to setup UI and flow.
- Improved default assists for gamepad users.
- Fixes and improvements to headlights and brake lights.
- Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.
- Improvements and enhancements to steering wheel support.
- Fixes and improvements to certain weather / tyre combinations.
- Optimisations to tracks across the game.
- Myriad render and performance tweaks and improvements.
That was not the first patch
As the name says, version 126.96.36.199 was not the first patch for Project CARS 2. Here are the changelogs of all the other updates deployed since release:
Patch 188.8.131.52 – Release Notes
- Fixed a multiplayer exploit with reputation restricted lobbies
- Fix for Dedicated Servers that would become unjoinable if the Dedicated Server was configured to control the game setupPatch 1.1.3 – Release Notes
- Various AI cornering and race line improvements across problematic tracks
- Improvements to AI balancing in snow and rain conditions
- First pass at improving simulated laptimes when skipping a non-race session
- Fix for the long delay when entering setup screen
- Fix to ensure that the tyre treads are shown correctly after multiple tyre swaps
- Fixed crash when using large Super Sampling values
- Fix for an intermittent crash caused by missing animated meshes
- Fix for lobby browsing and filtering that was preventing some users from joining MP games
Patch 184.108.40.206 – Multiplayer fix
We’re rolling out Patch 220.127.116.11, to fix the problems we’ve been having with joining multiplayer lobbies.
Lobbies between versions are incompatible, so if there’s a mixture of pre- and post-patch participants in a lobby, the multiplayer session will never start. Please be sure to patch your game to the latest version as soon as possible, and help spread the word to your pals. See the Project CARS forums for more details.
Source:: Inside Sim Racing