Published on February 15th, 2017 | by Ben0
Next Level Racing Announce F1GT Formula 1 & GT Simulator Cockpit
Next Level Racing have announced their latest simulator, the F1GT. As the name suggests, the F1GT can be configured in both Formula 1 and GT style seating positions. The F1GT will retail at $499 USD /$699 AUD, which comes in below Next Level Racing’s other simulator, the GT Ultimate V2.
While it’s difficult to pass any judgement right now – we’ll be reviewing it in the future – it’s certainly a neat concept.
While individuals have attempted the task of designing and building a dual F1 / GT positioned cockpit before, this is the first time – at least in my memory – that it’s been attempted in a mass produced manner. It will be interesting to see how well it works and how much effort it is to swap back and forth between positions.
As far as the design, I am digging the simplistic approach. The thin seat looks good too, and I’d take a supportive seat over a padded one any day.
Of course, the real judgement of the design will be how stable it is, which we won’t know until we try it.
And speaking of trying it, the Next Level Racing F1GT will be in stock at most distributors and resellers in March. So won’t have to wait much longer…
Check out the press release below for more information on the Next Level Racing F1GT Simulator.
Next Level Racing® F1GT Formula 1 and GT Simulator Cockpit – A revolutionary cockpit* allowing you to be in true racing positions for both F1 and GT racing. You no longer need an expensive cockpit just for F1 racing as the Next Level Racing F1GT is suitable for all your racing titles by offering dual racing positions
The Next Level Racing® F1GT cockpit has been designed and engineered using the feedback of professional drivers to give you the most authentic racing experience. The F1GT will put you in the driver’s seat with the exact F1 seating position as a real F1 driver and of course also GT position for all your regular racing.
You can get serious in the driver’s seat and the Next Level Racing® cockpits are also used by professional drivers such as Red Bull Racing®’s Mad Mike Whiddett, GTacademy® winner Matt Simmons, professional Rally Driver Ricardo Costa Jnr & more.
The revolutionary design of the Next Level Racing® F1GT ensures a rigid and solid cockpit but also many adjustments meaning you have your wheel, pedals and gear shifter in the best position to suit you as the driver.
Leading Features of The F1GT
- Dual Position Cockpit to have you in authentic F1 or GT racing positions
- Completely adjustable wheel, gear shifter and pedal positions
- Extras included such as seat slider, gear shifter support & lumbar support cushion
- Rigid, high quality powdercoated steel frame with premium racing seat
- Suitable for serious sim racing and even professional driver training
- Built for comfort and long races
- Compatible with all major wheel and pedals. Pre-drilled for Thrustmaster®, Logitech® and Fanatec®
- Supported Max Weight – 130 kg or 285 lbs
- F1 150 x 60 x 100 cm or 59 x 24 x 39 inches
- GT 130 x 60 x 115 cm or 51 x 24 x 45 inches
- Boxed Dimensions – 96 x 50 x 40 cm or 38 x 20 x 16 inches
- Boxed Weight – 43 kg or 95 lbs
What’s In The Box
- Next Level Racing® F1GT frame and seat including seat slider
- Gear shifter holder (can be mounted on left or right side)
- Next Level Racing lumbar support cushion
- Screws to hard mount Your Wheel
- Instructions for Quick and Easy Assembly
Compatible Next Level Racing® Products
- Next Level Racing® Floor Mat
- F1GT Monitor Stand to support single and triple screens (coming soon)
The post Next Level Racing Announce F1GT Formula 1 & GT Simulator Cockpit appeared first on Inside Sim Racing.
Source:: Inside Sim Racing