Published on November 14th, 2012 | by Alisdair0
Gran Turismo 5 – Update 2.09 & Corvette C7 Surfaces
Polyphony Digital have released the latest update for their Playstation exclusive title Gran Turismo 5, the update version 2.09 brings various important changes along with an update to the sound of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11.
- The [Tire/Fuel Consumption] settings under [Event Settings] of the Online Lounge can now be set in four levels; “None”, “Normal”, “Fast”, and “Very Fast”.
- The view during 3D display has been improved.
- The speed of tire wear varied too greatly depending on the vehicle in some cases, and this has been balanced.
- Improved the scoring method in drift trials to prevent cheating
- The maximum RPM of the Honda Weider HSV-010 (SUPER GT) ’11 has been changed to 10300rpm. The engine sound has also been improved.
- Fixed an issue where enemy cars were hitting the pit entrance wall when pitting in at the Twin Ring Motegi Road Course East.
- Fixed an issue where fuel was not being consumed when entering an endurance race with a Prius, or when setting tires and fuel to be consumed in the online lounge. Affected cars: Toyota Prius G ’02, Toyota Prius G ’09, Toyota Prius G Touring Selection ’03, Toyota Prius Touring Car.
- Fixed an issue where the online control characteristics differed from the offline characteristics.
Not only has an update been released for Gran Turismo 5 this week but also some clever advertising by Chevrolet as screenshots were released of the Corvette C7 in Gran Turismo 5 however not in its normal state as the car was covered in a camouflage body cover, a way of teasing car fans who will have to wait until the car is revealed to the public at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.
Players can check out the Corvette C7 in-game by visiting the screen-saver mode that will be activated during periods of inactivity by the player.