Published on May 25th, 2012 | by Alisdair0
Gran Turismo 5 Update 2.06 Brings New Features & Bug Fixes
Polyphony Digital has released update 2.06 for their title Playstation 3 exclusive game, Gran Turismo 5. The update brings various updates to the game along with new features such as the new Photo Stream service and improved Force feedback for a number of wheels.
Also featured in the patch is various bug fixes to several parts of the game suck as fixing a rare system freeze that occurred in two instances. Overall the patch comes in at around 475MB and is now available for all to download.
Updates and New Features
- It is now possible to adjust the race BGM and sound effect volume from “Quick Options” during a race.
- A save data backup feature has been added.
- Compatibility for the sequential shift mode of the Guillemot “TH8 RS” gear shifter has been added.
- A “Performance Difference Adjustment” has been added to the rewards for seasonal events (Applies only to seasonal events held after this update).
- Force feedback for the “Driving Force GT”, “GT FORCE Pro”, “G25 Racing Wheel”, ” G27 Racing Wheel”, and ” T500 RS” steering wheel controllers have been improved.
- A car with racing modifications applied are now categorized as a Racing Car (previously Tuned Car).
- The off-track shortcut penalty has been tweaked.
- The GT5 Photo Stream service has just been launched for all players worldwide. To view the latest images taken and shared in the game are now available here.
- Fixed a problem where Karts and Ferrari F1 cars could drive together with other cars in the Lounge
- Fixed a rarely occurring issue in which the system freezes when exiting the lounge
- Fixed a problem where you could purchase tires for the 125 SPL racing Kart in the tuning parts shop (Tires purchased previously will now become invalid)
- Fixed a problem in which the straight-line stability of the Lancer Evolution X was decreased when using a steering wheel controller
- Fixed an issue where wrong color dirt and snow tire wheels were displayed on some cars when the wheels were changed
- Fixed delay when launching electric cars using controllers other than a steering wheel controller pedal
- Fixed a rarely occurring issue where the system would freeze at the end of a race
- Fixed an issue where it becomes difficult to hear your own car when driving with other race cars in online races, etc.