Published on December 14th, 2011 | by Alisdair0
Gran Turismo 5 : New DLC & Update 2.02
Sony has announced the latest batch of content coming to Gran Turismo 5 next week, including the second round of DLC. It is said that car Pack 2 will be available adding new cars such as the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R and also the new 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.
Did you buy the first batch of DLC’s for GT5, well then here’s some good news for you. You will be given a special gift of the Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP being unlocked along with five new car refresh cards all for no charge. The five new car refresh cards will take any car back to being in showroom condition but leaving any modifications and paint jobs you have intact.
Also coming to GT5 is a free update that will add several enhancements to the game along with fixing many bugs.
- Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
- The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
- Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
- Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
- In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
- In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
- Improved racing sound effects
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked
As a special gift to the GT5 players this holiday season, everyone who downloads the 2.02 update will receive the Toyota FT-86 2012 free of charge.