Published on September 16th, 2012 | by Alisdair0
Fanatec Wheel Signed by Sebastian Vettel To Be Auctioned For Wings for Life UK
Fanatec recently announced that they are proud to be auctioning off a CSR Elite with the new Formula rim autographed by the famous Formula One racing driver:Sebastian Vettel. The auction will be held on eBay on September 30th, 6pm (CEST) until October 7th, 6pm (CEST) and open to European bidders. All the proceeds will be donated to the charity Wings for Life UK.
Wings for Life fund cutting-edge research projects and clinical trials across the globe aimed at accelerating progress towards a cure for spinal cord injury. The charity also facilitates the development of technology designed to reduce the risk of injury, particularly during sport. Through their research, Wings for Life provide hope to the thousands of people affected by spinal cord injury around the world.
During the last Goodwood Festival of Speed, the Formula 1 pilot visited the Red Bull Gridsters and signed the very first prototype of the Fanatec CSR Elite with Formula rim. The rim features 11 buttons and two (mirrored) 4-way joysticks. This is a robust metal construction with metal shifters paddles just like on the Formula rim for ClubSport Wheel. The grips are made of artificial leather, which provides a great feeling and is easy to clean.
- Multiplatform: Xbox 360 / PC / PlayStation® 3.
- Wireless connection to Xbox360 and USB cable to connect to PC and PS3.
- DirectSensor™ technology: the sensor is mounted directly on the steering axis to avoid interference and performance issues that are inherent in belt and gear drives that have motor mounted sensor systems.
- Strong and fast120W dual force feedback motors plus 2 vibration motors in the wheel rim.
- Large silent fans are installed to provide ample cooling.
- Newly designed belt drive mechanism that’s made completely of metal and uses high quality ball bearings and German made belts to deliver the smoothest, most precise force feedback on the market.
- Tuning functions with LED display that allows players to adjust the turning angle (90° to 900° of steering rotation), force feedback, vibration, sensitivity, with the ability to save up to five pre-sets.
- Five ‘Drift mode’ adjustments to allow quicker turning ratio.
- Compatible with standard pedals (with clutch), ClubSport, CSR Elite and CSR pedals. With an adapter, it can be used with the Logitech® G25 / G27 pedals.