Published on June 13th, 2012 | by Alisdair0
Fanatec Release New Beta Firmware & Driver For Various Wheels
Fanatec has released a new Beta version of their new firmware for a list of Fanatec wheels. Firmware 742BETA is designed to run on the following wheels:
- CSR Elite
- 911 GT3 RS V2
- 911 Turbo S
- 911 GT2
Fanatec has made a whole list of changes in the latest beta firmware which is set to improve the overall feel for the 5 wheels listed above. Some of the changes include improved centering spring, changed button mapping to improve compatibility for older games and a lot more changes are also listed below.
- ACL added to all Wheels
- 500 Hz update rate
- Allows use of SDK to show telemetry data on Tuning display
- Improved force feedback algorithms
- Improved FF sensitivity around center position
- Improved center spring
- DPR and SPR calculation changed
- Improved navigation in Tuning menu (keep pressing the up or down button)
- Default Sensitivity = OFF (900°)
- Changed button mapping to ensure compatibility to older games
- New initialisation sequence to auto detect minimum ff level required for each individual wheel
- fixed issue with hanging ff signals
- Changed button combo for center calibration. Please follow manual of updater (included)
An Important word from Fanatec
If you want to use the RF dongle for your 911 GT2 or Turbo S wheel, please do not update, as with this version you can only use the USB connection afterwards.
There is no firmware update planned for the 911 Turbo (not S), 911 Carrera and 911 GT3RS V1.