Published on October 3rd, 2012 | by Alisdair0
F1 2012 – PC Patch #4 Now Available Via Steam
After the successful release of Codemasters F1 2012 the development team has been back hard at working fixing many of the bugs reported by the public. Since patches submitted to Valve, operator of Steam are published faster than that of Consoles 4 patches have already been submitted and published to the public with the 4th being released today.
With today’s patch for the PC version of F1 2012 a large number of issues are fixed including the reported Understeer, changes to tyre choices at Suzuka to match the race this weekend along improved lighting at Singapore and tweaked force feedback on various devices.
The fixes listed below which are specific to the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are currently in testing and being verified by both Microsoft and Sony before they can be released so no date is certain yet for the patch.
Patch 4 Changelog
- Understeer: Adjusted track information to provide a more uniform level of grip across the entire surface
- Fixed an issue where some users (especially those on laptops) were unable to change their resolution.
- Fixed a crash in Co-op when trying to resume a session at the start of a Qualifying session that neither player would take part in.
- Fixed issues with the weather system in Instant Replays / Race Replays which could instantly change the track wetness level.
- Removed engine damage from the list of damaged parts that can force a pit stop to take priority over a drive through penalty.
- Changed the Prime tyre compound to Hard for Suzuka to match the race this weekend. This change will not affect Time Attack which will continue to use the Medium compound tyre.
- Added a white cross to the DRS OSD to indicate to that it is unavailable because of a fault.
- Fixed a number of minor graphical issues.
- Fixed a couple of minor issues with timers not resetting correctly.
Other changes of note:
- Added a Skip Session option so players can leave any session without having to complete it.
- Tweaked force feedback for all devices.
- Improved the lighting on Singapore.
Saves not synchronizing with the Steam cloud. If you are experiencing issues with saves uploaded to Steam’s cloud, we recommend using saved games stored on your local drive/PC.